Monday, July 16, 2007

And then there was one...

We live in a nice neighborhood. Quiet. Some older folks. Families. Quiet. Sleepy, even.

So, about three months ago, I went to Baker Brothers Nursery and bought three Terracotta planters and filled them with white Vincas. I put them on our front porch and we were so proud. We were actually able to keep them alive despite the searing temps of 110+ degrees. We watered them religiously and I got a great joy at walking by them every day when I come home.

Yesterday morning, we come back from breakfast at the Wildflower Bread Company and, as we are walking up to the front door, I stop in my tracks and look down.

There's only one of the planters there.



WHAT?!?! Do you mean to tell me that someone actually stole two of the planters right off our front porch??? I couldn't believe my eyes. And possibly in broad daylight?? (Although, in hindsight, they may have been gone when we went to breakfast and we just didn't notice it. I find it hard to believe someone stole them at 11 a.m.)

What kind of a world is it that someone will steal flower pots off someone's front porch? Have I lost ALL faith in humanity?

Hmmm... I wonder if the last one will be there when I get home today.

1 comment:

rodger said...

Ooh...I'd cut me some bitches if I found out who did it! That is totally freakin' rude!!

Time to set the videocam in the front window.